Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Super Quick and Easy Christmas Cards

Make these cute little Christmas cards in just a few minutes.


OK, I exaggerate a little, but it really was a quick process.  The hardest part is selecting the paper.  Of course, using Close to My Heart paper packs really help, they all coordinate perfectly.

Both cards were made exactly the same, just changed the stamped image on front.  They are really so simple you can probably knock out 20 or 30 in an hour.

Start with a piece of card stock at 8.5 x 5.5 ".  Score a line down the center at 4.25 or just fold in half and use score tool to make a crisp edge.  Don't have a score too, a popsicle stick or ruler will work.  

Cut the first layer 4 x 5.25", this is your coordinating layer.  It's optional to emboss this layer.  I think if you use plain card stock, embossing just adds that right touch.  For the Bear stamped card the 2nd top layer is 4.75 x 3.5".  This layer was embossed with my Cuttlebug.

I made my strips on the Merry Christmas card 4.5 and 4" x 1.25.  On the Happy Holidays card, they are 5 and 4".  But you can made them any length you chose.

Layer the shorter on top and stamp your sentiment on the long layer or as I did on the first stamped image.  You can stamp anywhere you like, it's your preference.  Both of my sentiments came with the "Artfully Sent" Cricut Collection.

Next I stamped both images, I cut my images out on my Explore.  These images are available on the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.  If you don't own a Cricut, no problem, just stamp and cut by hand.  Of course, this will add a little time to making this card.

I added the images on both cards with pop dots, but of course this is optional.
Art Philosopy
If you already own this cartridge and have a Cricut Explore, here is the Design Space file that includes all images used.  


I actually embossed the image in Gold embossing powder on this card.  It went perfect with the "Yuletide Carol" paper I used.  The picture just doesn't do it justice.











This card is being entered into Scrap it Girl's October challenge.  The only rule was to use an embossing folder and I did that.  Check out the other projects entered in the challenge.






Here is the shopping list.


Snowhaven 

There is a Cardmaking and Scrapbooking Workshops on the Go in these  paper patterns.

Yuletide Carol
These products are also available from Close to My Heart.
Cuttlebug Snowflurry Embossing folder by Anna Griffith
Versamark Ink
Exclusive inks in Glacier
Gold Embossing Powder
Cranberry Twine (or ribbon, your choice)
Black Sparkles
Gold Sequins 
October Stamp of the Month
$5 with a $50 purchase
And last but not least,

My most favorite tool now, the Misti.  If you are terrified of stamping, especially on cut outs, then you need to invest in one of these.  I am all about stamping again.  If you are interested check out My Sweet Petunia blog site, she has them for sale.  She also, shows different techniques using them.  They are really hard to get your hands on, but worth the wait.

Don't forget our October Constant Campaign , you get a "FREE" roll of chevron ribbon with a qualifying $50 order. 


"FREE" roll of chevron ribbon with a qualifying $50 order. 
Both of these items are valued at $24.95, and you get them both for only $5.  That's a $19.95 savings.  The STOM is also sold for $17.95 during this month, but the ribbon is exclusive for this month's campaign and not for sale. and  

I hope you liked my easy Christmas cards.  I would love for you to follow my blog so you can see more Christmas projects I am planning to make.

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!



6 comments:

  1. Love, love your little polar bear and all of those colors, so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful cards. Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards! Love the embossing on the polar bear card! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your cards. I love the embossing folder you used on the second one. The bear is super cute and I love the two papers you used with that card. Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! That polar bear is really cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! The bear stamp is just too adorable and the embossing really adds to the card! Thank you for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete