Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Look Whoo's One - Birthday Card

Here is an adorable little card for the little ones.


I created this card to enter in Scrap It Girl's October challenge.  Since I needed a birthday card for a little girl turning one, I knocked two things off my list.  This will be my second entry, I previously entered one of my Christmas cards.  Jump on over to her blog and see what others have made.

I was inspired by the Lollydoodle paper pack from Close to My Heart for the color combination.  Unfortunately this paper pack is no longer available.

The card measures 6.5 x 5", you can start with a 10 x 6.5 " piece of card stock to make the base or used a purchased note card.

The green layer is 6.25 x 4.75".
The pink layer 6 x 4.5"
The white layer is 5.75 x 4.25", and embossed with Cuttlebug Honeycomb embossing folder.

Here are the colors I used.

Lagoon (bottom layer owl and balloon)
Sorbet (top layer owl and sentiment)
Pear (leaves - green mat layer is actually a print from Lollydoodle)
Cotton Candy (bottom layer of hat and balloon)
Saddle (tree limbs)

These papers are available for purchase in bulk packages or in a combo pack.  They are included in the Whimsy collection, with the exception of Cotton Candy and Saddle.  Cotton candy is included in the Adventure color  pack, but they have Pixie in the Whimsy that would work just as well.  Saddle is in the Basic combo pack.


Here are all the images I used with the sizes.


The fonts used to make the sentiment were Holiday Cakes and Plantin Roly Poly.  I welded it all together, and added an extra layer on the Whoos.

The top layer is embossed using the Cuttlebug Honeycomb embossing folder.  I wanted to use dots, but I don't have a 5x7 folder.  I added that to my wish list.

I used wiggly eyes instead of cutting out the eyes on the image.  I left off the top layer of the hat.

I used my ShinHan Touch Twin markers in Tender Pink, Mahogany and Leaf Green to highlight the edges of the cut outs.

Don't forget our October deals.

"FREE" roll of chevron ribbon with a qualifying $50 order. 

Plus, with your $50 order you can also purchase the Stamp of the Month for $5.  


Both of these items are valued at $24.95, and you get them both for only $5.  That's a $19.95 savings.  The SOTM is also sold for $17.95 during this month, but the ribbon is exclusive for this month's campaign and not for sale.

Get yours now!

Till next time.

Happy Craftin!






3 comments:

  1. This is super cute! Love how the owl just pops off the background! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! The owl is so cute! :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Thank you for playing along with Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete