Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Art Philosophy Easel Christmas Card

I spent yesterday trying to create an easel Christmas card.  I was having a bit of trouble deciding how to put it together.  I found a little challenge from Stick It Down .  Very simple rules.  After seeing this sketch within an hour I had a finished card.  It gave me the kick I needed to pull it all together.


I was inspired by the color collection of Close to My Heart's Snowhaven paper pack.  I used the Glacier and Cranberry card stock included in this pack.  

My card face is White Daisy, cut at 5.5 x 4.25", I layered it with a piece of Glacier cut at 5.25 x 4".  I embossed this layer with Snowflurry by Anna Griffith.  For the frame and red strip I used Cricut Cuttlebug Swiss Dots.  I sanded the embossed images to bring out the white core and give it a patterned look.  This is definitely one advantage to white core paper.  

All of the images I used are from the Art Philosophy cartridge.  The sentiments were printed using the print feature on my Explore.  I had a stamp, but somehow it walked off, I sure hope I can find it.    I purchased a great little tool, the Chomas Creations Explore pen adapter.  I can use all the gel pens I already own with this adapter, I've tried other techniques to make my pens fit, and I found this to work perfectly.  It is definitely worth the investment.

It's hard to see in the picture, but I sprayed the card with pearl shimmer spritz.  I made my own with the CTMH Create A Shade paint and water.  This paint has retired, but you can use any pearl finish acrylic paint and water.

I used the Chevron ribbon that was this month's special.  It is no longer available, but with an order of $50 or more, you will receive a free roll of ribbon.

The stamped image is the October Stamp of the Month.  I stamped it with Versamark and embossed with a silver embossing powder.  I you are interested in this stamp, it is available for $5 with a $50 purchase.  If you want to purchase separately it is available for $17.95, through October 31, 2014.  It will no longer be available after that date.  So get yours now!


If you want to make this easel card, start with a piece of card stock 4.25 x 11".  Score it at 5.5 and 2.75 inches.  Fold it in half, then fold the top in half, see the picture below.   Attach the front of your card (4.25x5.5") to the bottom half, only.  
  

To make sure the front stands, use pop dots for your sentiment, or decorate with something that is not flat to the card.  You could use brads, gems, or buttons.  You just want something for the front to rest against.  If you use a colored base, cut a piece to layer on the bottom for writing you poem or message on.  I plan on stamping mine.

I also entered in two more challenges

Mema's Crafts October Tic-Tac-Toe and Craft-Dee Bowz: Monthly Challenge.  Both required ribbon on the project, I don't use a lot of it, but I did on this one.

That's another Christmas card finished, just have about 15 more to go.

Till next time,

Happy Craftin!











8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card, so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday easel card! Great choice of colors and the embossing is fab! Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Holiday card. Thank you for participating this challenge over at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely holiday easel card. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win with this cute card. Just had to stop by and say hello from a CTMH sister. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous hun great make and ty for joining us at Mema’s Crafts this month hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work, Kim
    Congrats on being the highlight at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card. Fantastic and cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete