Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

CTMH Obsessed Scrapper's Blog Hop

Welcome to my first blog hop.  

This month's challenge is to create whatever we wish using Sketch #104 from  Cardbilities.blogspot.com, take a moment to check out the sketch we used for inspiration.

The only rule is to use 75% Close to My Heart products.

I choose the Snowhaven paper for my creation.

Snowhaven Paper pack at CTMH
  
My theme is "Let It Snow".  My thoughts went directly to snowflakes, and the color scheme of this paper is so "Frozen".


Cartridges Used:
Winter Lace
Edge to Edge

Products used:
CTMH Exclusive Ink Stamp Pad in Glacier and  Cranberry.
Clear gem flourishes (purchased from Michaels)
Glitter

You can get Glacier by the pack or in the Whimsy Combo pack.  

Start with a 4.5 x 5.5 inch card, or 9x11 piece of card stock and fold in half.  

First layer is Glacier cut to 4.25 x 5.25 and edged with Glacier ink.

Second layer is White Daisy embossed with the Anna Griffith embossing folder Snow Flurry.  

The focal point is the Circle Lace Doily.  Using my intricate setting it cut out great.  The center circle is about 1.9"

Here are the images I used and the cut sizes.  


Add the Red shimmer trim, to the white layer, then center your doily on top of that.

Edge your small circle with the Cranberry  ink, place it in the center of the doily.

Next layer your sentiment.  I didn't show the image for my sentiment, but any shape will do. The sentiment was printed with my Explore using Splendid Soiree "Grace" font, in writing style. 

Place your snowflakes how you like them, I decided to add glitter to mine for the sparkle.  The glitter doesn't show very good in the photo, and the blue really does work.  I'm not the greatest photographer in the world.

Just for kicks, I had an easel card ready to go that needed embellishing, so I decided to try this design on it too.  Here it is, the paper is Close to My Heart Confetti Wishes.




Thank you for hopping to my blog, I hope you enjoyed my version of this challenge.  Taking on challenges has really helped my creativity, why don't you give it a try.  I would love to see your creation.

Next on our hop is SusieL, hop on over and see her creation.

Here is a list of the other participants.  Please check out their blogs if you haven't already.

Peachy Paper Crafts Part Deux 

Kim  B Paper Crafts 

Paper Canvas Creations 

DL.ART

Just a side note, if you saw my Halloween scrapbook layout on a previous post I entered for another Challenge contest, well guess what.  WooHoo! I won.  Thank you so much TakeHeartIdeas!

Till next time

Happy Craftin!
Kim (Mimiscraftroom.blogspot.com)

10 comments:

  1. Fun hopping with you
    This is so pretty Kim I love it.
    Youu could enter this in my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes September Linky Party. I hope you will follow me I just started following you. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the doily & the embossing folder, too!

    SusieL.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards! I love the confetti paper :) And the winter card is so clever and detailed. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Snowhaven paper patterns. Really good idea and very helpful adding the sizes for the cuts, THANK YOU! Signed up for updates, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen Elsa would LOVE to have that gorgeous wintry card! Your easel card is wonderfully festive with all the stars in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim, Both those cards are just gorgeous! I especially love the snowflake one and your instructions were SO clear! You did an amazing job! Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your complements. I sometimes just can't stop with the bling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, and fantastic directions Kim!

    ReplyDelete