Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

Baby Subway Word Art

I have a new passion, vinyl.  I have been seeing these on the various Cricut Facebook groups I belong to.  I wanted to make one and so here are my two attempts.  I didn't paint my letters like some of the others, I used the vinyl on the canvas.  One canvas is painted, the other was just the plain white.  It is a little tedious to get the vinyl to stick to the canvas, but it is worth it.  I had to use my Cricut scrapper to keep pushing the letters to the canvas as I pulled up the transfer tape. Just take it nice and slow and you can do it.  The words are straighter than the pictures show, bad photography.

I used Oracle 631, so my letters aren't shiny.  I am going to try one with the Oracle 651 when I get some.  I'm thinking it may stick better.

The boy's canvas is an 8x10 and the girl's is a 10x10.  The artwork and placement were inspired by finished projects I saw on Pinterest and searching the web for Baby subway art.  There are numerous examples and projects to get inspiration.  I used Everyday Fonts, Creative Memories Stork Delivery, Don Juan, Cherry Limeade and Kate's ABC's.  There were a few others, but with the ability to use system fonts you don't have to have these cartridges, just find the system font you like.  I prefer Cricut cartridges for the most part for vinyl, I find a lot of system fonts have tiny pieces.

I can't wait to give them to the parents.  

Don't forget to place your order at Kimsalito.ctmh.com and get your Circus Alphabet Stamp of the Month.  It's only $5 with a $50 order.

Stay tuned, August is bringing in a new Cricut cartridge.  It is all about card making, so if you love to make cards, this may be the cartridge for you.  It is not available with the Design Space or Cricut Craft Room subscriptions, you must purchase the cartridge to be able to use it.

Happy Craftin!

No comments:

Post a Comment