Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Tri-fold Card Tutorials

Make that perfect card for the man in your life.

Here are the Father's Day cards I made for this year.  I made them with my Cricut Explore and the Tri-Fold file provided by Debbie Neal.  If you would like the Design Space file just click on Debbie's name and it will bring you to her blog, she was kind enough to share her file with us.  If you haven't done so, please join us on Facebook at either Let's Learn Cricut Explore or Design Space, there are lots of ideas and plenty of help for you.  If you were thinking about purchasing an Explore, these Facebook groups share their projects and experiences, you can learn everything you need to make a decision on that purchase.

My Explore cut and scored the card, I even used my Explore to write the poem.  You could write it directly to the card if you wish.




All my embellishments were from several cartridges.  I have a subscription so I am not limited on images.  I just wanted to share my take on these cards for a man.  There aren't  a lot of  Tri-fold cards on Pinterest for the men in your life.  There are several ways to make these cards, here are just a few  tutorials and videos to share with you.  I haven't tried any of these techniques or in any way prefer these tutorials, I just did a search and provided a few that were at the top of the list.  Thought it would be easier just to click on a few links and see what was out there.

If you have any other Cricut machine and use Cricut Craft Room, I found a link to someone who shares her CCR files.  Check out Okieladybug's Scrap N' More.  You will need to own the cartridges she uses or purchase a subscription.  If you are brave enough you can find a tutorial at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge blog on how to create your own cut file in CCR.

If you don't have a Cricut machine here are a few links that I found to make one without the explore.  I'm sure there are tons more, just search on Tri-fold cards.

Sandyallnock.com has a PDF template and instructions.  She offers two types.
Splitcoaststampers has all the dimensions and picture instructions.
Madstamper has a video on how to make this card also.

So check out Pinterest for ideas and find the tutorial that works for you and try one of these cards.  Do something a little different this Father's Day.

Till next time.

Happy Craftin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment