Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Close to My Heart - Ariana Mother’s Day Card

This card was inspired by Gina K’s Vertical Blind Card.  If you are interested here is a link to her instructions and video.


I used the floral paper included in the Ariana paper pack to make my strips, istead of stamping my own.

Gina K. used a Spellbinder’s Fancy Tag die that I don't own, so I created one myself in Design Space and cut it out with my Cricut Explore.  Since I have a subscription I was able to use images I don’t own.

I used the Iron Flourish Block (#M3F7DE) from the Ornamental Iron 2 cartridge.  I used two of these images, which I welded to a circle, as shown below.  The iron flourish was approximately 2” and the basic circle shape was 2”.  This makes the welded image about 4” wide.  I cut this image and the card base out using the Crystal Blue Card stock.  You can also purchase the Whimsy Pack, which has 2 sheets of each color, and Crystal Blue is in this pack.






The flourish image must be ungrouped before you can weld it to the circle.  Place both images on circle, so you can center and make them match.  Now you can weld them, they must be welded one at a time.  You can’t select 3 images to weld, only 2 at a time. 

In CCR you don’t need to go through the ungrouping step, because you will only have the top layer.  The welding process is the same.

The scallop circle was cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 2.8”.  This is the Circle Flower Scallop Label (M42D67).  Only cut the top layer of this image.  This was cut using Ariana Green card stock (only available in Ariana Paper Pack).  The green circle is just a basic circle, you can use any circle image available to you.  It was also cut in the Ariana green with with my Cricut at 1.85”.

I did have the Spellbinder’s Small circle dies, so I used the 3rd one from the smallest.  If you don’t have the dies, you can just do a plain white circle, the shading won’t be the same without the die though. I used Crystal Blue ink from CTMH.

The sentiment was stamped using Close to My Heart Holiday Tags Occasions.

I didn’t have any ribbon that worked with these colors, so I used a piece of coordinating card stock from the Ariana pack.  The strip is 1/2” wide.  Add a few clear sparkles and your done.

So if you see a card you like and you don't have what you need to make it.  Take a little time to design a similar image and make it your own. Combining images in Cricut Craft Room or Design Space is a great way to duplicate dies you see for tags and labels..  Since you can get a subscription with CCR now, your ideas can be limitless.  

If you would like to purchase this paper visit my website Kimsalito.ctmh.com.


Happy Craftin’

No comments:

Post a Comment