Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

St Patricks Day Cards with Close to My Heart

Happy St Patty's Day!!

It's almost St Patrick's Day and even though I am not Irish, I have some friends who are.  They love sending cards, so I thought I would make these cards for them.



Both cards measure 4.25  x 5.5, I used some pre-cut cards leftover from a Close to my Heart Card Making Kit I had.

Here are the products I used.

Skylark Paper Pack
CTMH card stock - Pear
Exclusive Inks  in Pear
Laughing Lola Card Making Kit Stamp Set
CTMH Stamp Set - In the Background Flair
CTMH Embossing Folder, Chevron
Durable Triangle Studs
Clear Glitter Gems
Green ribbon - Hobby Lobby
1/2" heart punch for Shamrocks

All of the above products can be purchase at KimSalito.ctmh.com. I won't go into details on making these cards, they are very simple.  The Happy St Patrick's Day sentiment was typed on card stock using my printer.  I create my files in Adobe Photoshop elements so I can move words around where I want them.  I cut card stock down to 4x6 inch pieces and run it through the photo tray.

I am waiting from my Cricut Explore Machine to arrive, can't wait.  It is on its way.  I have been playing with Design Space to get past the learning curve.  It is definitely different than CCR.  My internet connection isn't the greatest, so it isn't as fast as I would like.

I have had a few issues with my linked cartridges,  not showing up as purchased. I found if you logged out and logged back in they would show up.  Not sure why, but the problem seemed to correct itself.

I also, find the search feature a little tedious,  I am sure it is a matter of getting used to it.  I would definitely love to see my cartridge list to know what cartridges have been linked.  Of course, I don't have a machine yet, so that may be the problem.  I will let you know on that.

Unless you are willing to purchase a monthly subscription, it will still be cheaper to purchase cartridges that you find on sale.  I definitely use more than 20 images on some of my cartridges, like Create A Critter.  So purchasing a cartridge for $19.99 is still a great deal,  keep an eye out for JoAnn's sale, I find they offer the best prices.

You will still need to own the Close to My Heart cartridges to use any of the images in Design Space.  They will not be for sale individually.   This goes for Disney cartridges too.

So if you are interested in the Close to My Heart images, you can purchase them at my website.  Just click on my link.  If you have been looking at Studio J, now is the time to try it out.  During the month of March you can order Studio J layouts for only $5 each.

Check out the new stamp for March, here are a few samples of projects you can make with this stamp.


Just place an order for $50 or more and receive the Stamp of the Month (STOM) for only $5. It’s a terrific value, offer is valid until March 31st.
Place your order at Kimsalito.ctmh.com

You can check out the future STOM's, by taking a a peek at the new Idea book here.

Be sure to add the new Close to My Heart Idea Book to your order.  It is a how-to book with easy-to-follow patterns.   Create gorgeous pages from our kits, or use your own imagination to design your own pages with our coordinated paper packs and embellishments.  

Check back with me each month to see our new promotions and projects made with the new Cricut Explore.  

Happy Craftin!




No comments:

Post a Comment