Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mother’s Day Card using Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge


I've been spending time working with my new Cricut Explore.  I have to say it is a great machine, at least compared to the E2.  I loved my E2, but it definitely had some limitations.  Here is my first real project I created and cut with my new machine.

I made this pretty card for Mother’s Day.  I made a square card for a change, that measures 4.75 x 4.75.  It fits perfectly in a 5” square envelope.


I used the Ivy Lane Paper Packet from Close to My Heart (CTMH).  This paper is so pretty and I thought it would be perfect for a Mother’s Day card.  

Here are the products I used, you an get them here.

Ivy Lane Paper Packet
Art Philosophy Cartridge
Artiste Cartridge
Exclusive Ink in Hollycock
Finger nail file for sanding 

I cut the first (bottom) layer at 4.5” square.  The flourish design is from the Philosophy cartridge, cut at 4”.  It is found on page 67 of instruction booklet, in CCR it is on the Font Layer (shift) tab.  In Design Space (DS) use Image number M44082.  You can’t search on the image number, try searching on Flourish, since that is the name they gave this image in DS.

The scalloped square is a slider image from the Philosophy Cartridge also.  DS #44D78, CCR Tag layer and on page 33 of booklet.  This square is 2.6”, I used the hide contour feature to remove the slider slits from the image.  You can cut this from a Spellbinder die also. I shaded around the edges with Hollycock ink.  I used a triangle makeup sponge to do this since I don’t have any daubers.

The purple square is 2.25”.  I embossed it with a Damask embossing folder and sanded it to give it an antique look.

The butterflies are from the Artiste cartridge, page 58 Tab Accent 4 (shift).  There is also a butterfly on the Philosophy cartridge that will work just as well.  It is cut at 1.1”.  I used the Hide contour feature to make a solid image.  I found making the image about 4” than removing all the little pieces was easier than doing it at the 1.1”.  I just sized it after  I placed the butterflies on the card with a tiny little foam dots, so they wouldn't be flat.  I used the Epoxy bubbles for the embellishments.  

I am really enjoying the design phase a little more with Design Space.  There is still a little difficulty looking for images, but I am learning my way around.  I still think they could make this a little more user friendly.

Till next time>

Happy Craftin'







No comments:

Post a Comment