Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

Cute Valentine Card made with Create a Critter 2


The card was made from a piece of pink card stock, that was cut down to 10 x 7 inches.  This gave me a finished card of 5 x 7 inches.  The white layer is about ½ inches smaller around.  I embossed this with the Cuttlebug Cross My Heart folder. 

The bear and all the layers are cut at 3 inches.  I normally use the Hide Contour feature to remove the eyes.  To add wiggly eyes instead.  It’s not totally necessary to do this if the wiggly eyes are larger than the cut out eyes.  I chalked the edges, then added eyelashes and rosy cheeks.  The bear is attached with foam tape for a 3d effect.

The hearts and wording are from the Cricut Artbooking cartridge.  I cut the hearts at 6 inches so the heart would be big enough to hold my letters.  I had to trim down the length of the stem to fit my card.  I chalked the edges of the hearts so they would pop.

The lettering was also from the Artbooking cartridge.  I love this font; I prefer chunky letters when I am cutting the font less than 1 inch.  Valentine is 1 inch and the other letters were .75 inches.  I welded each word so I wouldn’t have to worry about placement, these letters weld very easily. 

I cut the bottom green layer at 1.5 inches just to give it a little more color.  This paper is from Close to My Heart Lollydoodle  paper pack.  Add a little ribbon and it was finished.

The other paper I already had on hand.  I really like the glittered paper; I purchased this at JoAnn’s when it was on sale so I have plenty of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment