Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cute Valentine Card made with Create A Critter 2

I didn't use the traditional red and white for Valentine's but I thought it came out cute anyway.  I used Paper Studio note card that measures 5 1/2 x 6 inches.

The cute little Koala is on Page 30 of the Create a Critter 2 instruction booklet.  I cut this image at 3 inches, along with all the pertinent layers.  I chalked the edges and embossed the bow with Swiss dots.  I added a few cute details and put wiggle eyes on.  I decided to tie a bow around the neck like a stuffed animal.


The white layer is 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. embossed with Cuttlebug Cross My Heart embossing folder. It's also on sale this week at JoAnn's

The pink layer is 4 7/16  x 3 7/16 inches, I wanted a little more pink showing.

The top patterned paper  is 3 x 6 1/2 and the bottom layer is 2 x 6 1/2.

I cut a 1 inch strip of paper to go across the seam.It's embossed with the edge embossing folder  that is included with the Cross my Heart embossing folder. I chalked the strip to give dimension to the hearts, plus a hint of color.  I used a pink from my Pebbles Bright Basics collection.

I stamped the sentiment with Juniper Ink and cut it out.  I also stamped the heart with XO, I wanted to put Happy Valentine's, but half the sentiment was hidden by the paw.

I attached the Koala with foam tape to add dimension and a few sparkle gems.

Here is a list of the products I used.

Close to My Heart Lollydoodle paper packet
Create a Critter 2 cartridge
Pink Sparkle gems
Stamp set from the Sarita Scrapbook Workshop
January's Stamp of the Month Cross Stitch Wishes

Hope you like it.

Lollydoodle is a new line of paper this year from Close to My Heart.  There is a scrap booking and card making workshops available also.  The gray was perfect for the Koala and I thought the Cotton Candy color added that Valentines feel to it.  I think this would also make a cute birthday card.  Trim the heart down a little and put a cupcake in the Koala's hand.  Hmmm.. I think I am going to make that for my next female birthday card.

Happy Craftin!






No comments:

Post a Comment