Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Close to My Heart For Always Cricut Artiste I Love You card

I have a quick easy Valentine card that is perfect for the man in your life.  It would even make a great anniversary card.  I used Close to My Heart papers and stamps.

The card measures 6 1/2 x 5 inches.  I used Paper Studio Note cards I purchased from Hobby Lobby, but you can also make your own card by using 8 1/2 x 11 card stock.   Just cut the card stock down to 10 x 7 inches, (please print sentiment on inside prior to folding). These cuts will still look great on a 5x7 card too. Just adjust the layer sizes for the larger card.

The Black layer (plain black card stock) is cut at 5 1/4 x 4 3/4 inches
The patterned layer 5 1/2 x 4 inches
The coordinating print across the middle is 1 x 5 1/2 inches.

Here is what my Cricut Craft Room (CCR) layout looked like.



See page 66 of the Cricut Artiste Cartridge instruction book.  All cuts were done using the Relative Sizing in CCR.  I have a Cricut Expression 2, so I can't provide exact instructions for any other Cricut machine.  I use CCR for all my layouts, I find it easier to see in real size and on my computer screen.

The "I Love You" (on page 66 - Accent 1 of CCR) is cut at 2.5 inches

Use the shift key for the layers, the smaller heart 1.75 inches (Blue Heart). Stamp your Valentine Sentiment on this layer. After stamping I passed it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots folder. I used 3D foam tape  to attach it.

See page 51 of the Cricut Artiste instruction book

If you don't know how to use the Hide Contour feature, here are simple instructions.  There are videos on the web if you need to see how it is done, but it is extremely easy.

Cut Red Scalloped heart, use hide contour feature to remove 2nd line (see highlighted line), this leaves a heart in the center and hollow scalloped heart.  Use the center red heart on bottom, and scalloped part is placed behind the I Love You heart.

Cut Black hollow heart at 2.5 inches, use hide contour feature to remove the scalloped edge.

1.1 inch heart (Pink)of coordinating paper as shown.

Cut Small Black Heart at 1/2" (I used Recollections Heart paper punch that I have)

Here is a list of all the products I used.  Since Valentine's is so close you can probably find something in your stash to make this card.

Close to My Heart Products I used

For Always" paper packet (retired)
Exclusive Ink pad in Ruby
Cricut Artiste Collection
3/4" Sparkle Flourish
Holiday Tags Occasions

Other products
Cuttlebug Swiss dots embossing folder
Red and Black glitter paper purchased from Michaels

We have a great giveaway for February,  if you order 2 packs of card stock you get an embossing folder for free.

Embossing Folders
And as always any order over $50 qualifies you for the Stamp of the Month at $5, this is normally valued at $17.95.

I would love to have you join my February gathering and get this great deal!!

I would also be happy to host an Online gathering for you if you would like to invite your friends.

Now I have to get in my craft room and make some Valentine cards for the little ones in my life.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

As always, till next time.

Happy Craftin!



No comments:

Post a Comment